"It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself."
The Scottish Assocation of Local Sports Councils is a 'not-for-profit' Company Limited by Guarantee supporting member Local Sports Councils to deliver quality local sport and physical activity opportunities to their local communities.
With a membership of almost 40 Local Sports Councils from across Scotland, our members represent approximately 3,000 sports clubs.
SALSC works in partnership with key organisations such as sportscotland, Scottish Government, Sports Governing Bodies, voluntary sector organisations, youth and volunteering organisations to develop and resource the needs of our members to achieve our aims.
The 2015 - 2019 Development Plan will put SALSC at the core of developing and supporting grass roots sport in Scotland, fitting into the jigsaw of creating a World Class Sporting System and ensuring grassroots sport has a voice in the future plannning of sport.
From the research conducted and in consulation with our members and core funder, SALSC has identified two main outcomes for the new Development Plan:
* Increase club membership in Local Sports Councils
* Increase the number of young people (16 to 25 years) involved in Local Sports Council
Overall SALSC aims to:
* Strengthen the role of itself and its members in local, regional and national strategic sports development
* Highlight the role SALSC and LSCs play in the support of clubs and their volunteers
* Contribute towards increasing the levels of sporting enagagement in Scotland
By working together SALSC and Local Sports Councls will grow in relevance, develop a stronger voice and have a sustainable future within sport in Scotland.
A copy of the 2015 - 2019 Development Plan is available here: SALSC Development Plan 2015-19.pdf
SALSC were delighted to be awarded the Foundation Level fo the Equality Standard for Sport in March 2018, SALSC are committed to the Equality Standard and look forward to continuing to demonstrate this commitment.
SALSC is committed to ensuring that equality is incorporated across all aspects of its work and development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following definition of sports equity:
* Sports equality is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them
* SALSC respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally and with respect within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, religious beliefs, sexuality or social/economic status
* SALSC is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse
* SALSC members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity
* SALSC will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, taking disciplinary action if necessary
* SALSC expects all its staff, volunteers, members and affiliated members to adopt our Equality statement