The Scottish Assocation of Local Sports Councils is a 'not-for-profit' Company Limited by Guarantee supporting member Local Sports Councils to deliver quality local sport and physical activity opportunities to their local communities.
With a membership of almost 40 Local Sports Councils from across Scotland, our members represent approximately 3,000 sports clubs.
SALSC works in partnership with key organisations such as sportscotland, Scottish Government, Sports Governing Bodiesvoluntary sector organisations, youth and volunteering organisations to develop and resource the needs of our members to achieve our aims.
SALSC has a strong reputation and foundation, having embedded good governance policies and procedures at its core. Building on this success the 2015 - 2019 Development Plan will put SALSC at the core of developing and supporting grass roots sport in Scotland, fitting into the jigsaw of creating a World Class Sporting System and ensuring grassroots sport has a voice in the future plannning of sport.
From the research conducted and in consulation with our members and core funder, SALSC has identified two main outcomes for the new Development Plan:
* Increase club membership in Local Sports Councils
* Increase the number of young people (16 to 25 years) involved in Local Sports Council
Overall SALSC aims to:
* Strengthen the role of itself and its members in local, regional and national strategic sports development
* Highlight the role SALSC and LSCs play in the support of clubs and their volunteers
* Contribute towards increasing the levels of sporting enagagement in Scotland
By working together SALSC and Local Sports Councls will grow in relevance, develop a stronger voice and have a sustainable future within sport in Scotland.
A copy of the 2015 - 2019 Development Plan is available here: SALSC Development Plan 2015-19.pdf
Below is a short video produced by sportscotland (the national agency for sport in Scotland) called 'Scottish sport is...' to better illustrate what sport means to Scotland: